Yes. You are in the right place.
Nope, we’re not turning on the oven today.
Just chopping up some colorful treats.
Then throwing them together.
For a surprising take on salsa. Just add pita chips!
- 1 English cucumber, seeds removed and cubed
- 2-3 C seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 large or two small shallots minced (purple onion would also work)
- 3 TBS (or to taste) fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2-1 C feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- Salt, pepper, olive oil and a mild vinegar to taste
- Other tasty add-ins
- Olives, tomatoes, basil, the kitchen sink
- As you can tell, this is one of those, “there isn’t really a recipe recipes.” Oh, I’m sure you could find a recipe for watermelon salsa if you looked, but, I’ve never looked. Once everything is cut, combine, gently toss and let marinate for several hours. Yep…that’s pretty much it.