Today, because yesterday was the 4th, we’re going nice and easy.
A little Belgium pearl sugar. Or maybe confectioner’s.
Deceptively delicious. They’ll make having to return to work on a Thursday almost okay.
Scissor Sisters. The Kitchen Gods love ’em. Oh, and of course, there was dancin’ today.
Brown Sugar Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture (the dough will be soft).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.